- Dates: 7th to 11th November, 2011
- Place: Heathrow, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Course certificated by: IRCA, Number A17279
- Organizer: SGS United Kingdom Ltd.
- Price: £1,085 + VAT, includes a copy of the standard
- Certificate: Upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam, the delegates will receive the Information Security Management Systems Lead Auditor certificate
- Tutor on behalf of SGS United Kingdom Limited: Dejan Kosutic, MBA, CMC, ISMS Lead Auditor & Approved Tutor
Professionals in various types of organizations that want to gain confidence in the development, conformance and effective implementation of processes and the continuous improvement of ISO 27001, including:
- Chief Security Officers (CSOs)
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- ISO 27001/IT auditors
- ISO 27001/information security consultants
- All information security practitioners
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and explain the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating and monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS as defined in ISO 27001, including the significance of these for ISMS auditors
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 27001, ISO/IEC 17799 and ISO 19011, ISO/IEC TR 13335 Parts 3 and 4 (GNITS), EA 7/03 and the legislative framework relevant to an ISMS
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct report and follow up an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 and EA 7/03 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011
About the course
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course is probably the most popular and the most difficult course related to ISO 27001 standard, delivered worldwide. It teaches you the details of the standard, and the techniques to perform the audit – however, it is also useful for implementers and consultants because it gives a very good overview of what the certification body will be looking for.
The objective of the course is to equip delegates with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of information security management systems against the national and international specifications, standards, statutory requirements and regulations using the principles of ISO 19011.
The course is not intended to be an implementer's course and delegates are expected to have some prior experience of information security management or of ISO 27001.
The course is very interactive and includes 9 workshops, so that delegates will spend most of the time in practical work and discussions, which substantially enhances the quality of learning.
Tutor: Dejan Kosutic
Dejan Kosutic is the author of documentation toolkits and E-learning tutorials at Information Security & Business Continuity Academy. He has long working experience both as tutor and as a consultant – he is Approved Tutor for ISMS Lead Auditor courses at SGS, and delivers various ISO 27001 and BS 25999-2 in-person courses throughout Europe, as well as online courses via webinars. In his consulting career, he works with clients from the financial sector, government, and small and medium sized businesses including IT companies.
He has an MBA from Henley Management College, and is the holder of the following certificates: Certified Management Consultant, ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor, Associate Business Continuity Professional, and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
Number of delegates is limited, so please register soon.